The dining room is one the most important rooms in any home. It is the place where all the family gathers to eat a delicious meal and have some quality time. As the dining room is a functional room, it should be comfortable and attractive. And there are different ways to make your dining room looks pleasant.
• Change the walls color. Go for warm colors as they add the best look to the dining room. Utilize red or orange in blending shades. If you are not inclined to repaint your walls, you can easily cover them with wallpaper or other soft furnishings. Contrast the cushions and the chairs upholstery with the color of your walls. For dining rooms window, the curtains are the best choice; choose them in colors that complementing the colors of the walls.
• Choose the dining table according to the shape of the room. A square table can fit a small room. While a round table is the best for the larger rooms. But if you have a long room, the best choice is a rectangular table. Choose stylish chairs that match the table. A table with glass top looks fascinating.
• Hang an elegant chandelier. You have also a variety of lighting options like pendants, drum—style lights and modern light fixtures.
As furnishing an open plan dining room presents a challenge, here are some tips to help you avoid some of the common mistakes that lead to an inconsistent look for your dining room.
– Using metal frame tables or acrylic furniture can make the space looks larger than it actually is. The mirrors have a main role in making a smaller area look larger. You can use mirrors in your living and dining areas that reflect each other.
– It is recommended to use the same style of furnishing for the both areas to make them flow into each other. But you can also show the differences between the two areas by using accent pieces of home decor. You can use lighting options such as spotlights, accent lighting and different levels of lighting to identify each area visually.
– The curtains or drapes in each area should go with each other; the same thing in the wall covering should be paper or paint and their colors should be well matched.